3/4/08

Mrs. Bob Evans




I worked with Southeast Ohio Magazine a few weeks ago, on a story about the Bob Evans' legacy- Mrs. Evans, (Jewell), lives alone since Bob passed away one year ago. Photographically I was only allowed a few minutes, but she and I chatted for a few hours and even went out to get Mexican with her son. On the ride home, I had to laugh out loud, feeling happily surprised and lightened. That's one of the things about photography that keeps me holding onto it... The unpredictable, lovely encounters you can have that turn complete strangers into friends... It's like this key- an open door to exploring the beautiful lives of others and thus yourself. I feel like I'm cheating the system almost, by being able to see and explore so much beauty.

I can't stop smiling just thinking about it.

No comments: