9/12/07

fishy

















Here are some random pictures from the documentary I did on fishing villages in Scotland. I did the project in a pretty rushed manner, not deciding on it until late in the game. It's a changing time for fishermen in Scotland, and I wish I would have been able to do a better job.

The fishermen that I went on the boat with are a third/fourth generation fishing family. The brothers and their son don't have a lot besides their boat and their families. Their father was born at the fisherman's hall in North Berwick that they work out of.

The fishing business is a dieing one... world economy, weather, and disinterest are the killers.

According to one man I spoke with, "They lie to you on the price stick at the grocery, the cost of fish is a fisherman's life."

I should have done so much more.

The pictures are random and not in any order.

No comments: