8/6/07

A Holy Island. and good timing.




"We do not receive wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can make for us, which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." - Marcel Proust (found in "Buddhism Without Beliefs")








I randomly ended up on an island off the west coast of Scotland called Holy Island- part Tibetan Buddhist Monastery, part nature reserve.. I had other plans but scrapped them at the last minute after all signs pointed me toward the island. I spent two days meditating, doing yoga, and running around with mountain goats and ponies... It was so healing, and it couldn't have come at a better time. I think my heart breathed a big sigh of relief... ah.

No comments: